School Ethos and Values
At St Thomas More, we endeavour to live this command in all aspects of school life in partnership with the home and parish, to develop a Christian community in which the Gospel values of love, reconciliation, justice and equality are fostered.
To encourage each individual to grow and develop through the love and teachings of Christ into responsible citizens able to make a positive contribution in society.
To support every member of the community in coming to an understanding of their uniqueness in God’s eyes. This will affirm the dignity of all members of the community and enhance each individual’s sense of self-worth.
To foster an active faith community where prayer and liturgy support the individual and the community by
• promoting the development of the whole person
• providing a stimulating, challenging and ordered learning environment
• providing high quality teaching and learning for all students which prepares them for the demands of adult life
• recognising the worth of each individual as being created in God’s likeness
• appreciating God’s unconditional love for each individual
• providing opportunities for prayer and liturgy
• endeavouring to develop, value and sustain good relationships between all members of the school community and beyond